Friday, August 30, 2013

My book, My writing, and My life

Well I am sure there are many different reasons to write. I know that I write for myself. Do I care what others think? Yes of course I have my moments but it helps me come to terms with that and just plain learn not to care. Really if I started caring my writing would change and the meaning of it would change.

I started writing my blog back in 2010 shortly after I had lost my weight. Seems a bit odd but I do say better late then never. I do wish I had started writing sooner. I hardly remember very clearly my whole experience before and after losing weight. But I remember enough to put it all together. For some reason I have been blessed with a very bad memory. Does that mean I am ignorant? Of course not. It means I have to work that much harder to get where I want to be. I don't know why my memory is so poor. The only thing I can think to blame it on is the seizures I had from a baby to a teenager. I am pretty sure I had a lot. I was taking medication for a while until my mom just said it was doing more harm then good. Then by some miracle one day they went away. Why was I the lucky one? I feel in my life I have been blessed with luck. Maybe it's not luck but we can call it that. Even though I have always said I had a black cloud following me around. I have had my share of challenges but I have always made it through and to be honest couldn't imagine my life without them. 

Now maybe I am getting away from the topic but I guess that is the beauty of writing for yourself. Even though others are reading it. If it moves them they can relate and benefit from it and if it doesn't they can read someone's writing that will.  Pretty simple really. Writing just kind of allows you to sort things out. It allows me to have a reference to go back to and remember certain moments in my life and how I was feeling. For me it could be the start to the book I have wanted to write one day. ;) You never know it might come true. I truly do believe anything is possible and if you never attempt it there is definitely no chance of it happening. 

I have found this website to be a great resource on writing. It seems when you read the great work of someone else it gives you the inspiration to write. 

 http://goinswriter.com/life-feeds-words/

Now I know in the title of my blog post today I stated my book. Well for many years I have aspired to write a book and recently another writer inspired me to just start writing. One word, one sentence at a time. So I did. Today I started my book. Whether this is a book that will ever be published or read by anybody it doesn't matter. What matters is I am going to write it. No matter how long it takes. I will accomplish it one word at a time.

Is there something you have thought of doing for a long time but just haven't gotten started?

No comments:

Post a Comment