Thursday, January 31, 2013

Being the athlete in your life


"A winner will find a way to win. Winners take bad breaks and use them to drive themselves to be that much better. Quitters take bad breaks and use them as a reason to give up. It's all a matter of pride."

-  Nancy Lopez





So when you think of an athlete or competitor you think of sports. But life itself is really a big competition. We compete on a day to day basis with ourselves and others. I have fallen and I have conquered in my life. Maybe that is why competing feels so close to home for me. It just feels right. Then you have to think what are you competing for? Well of course I compete to win. But what is winning really. I haven't won a big medal, title or label. But I have won in my life. More then a person could hope to win. And everyday I win a little more. I have no idea where the winning will take me in the end but I know I can't lose. Each day I push myself a little harder. Step outside the box with a few more steps. I give the best of me each day. There is no losing. Losing is in your mind. In real life you fall and you get back up and keep going and eventually you win again. Have you felt your athlete inside?




No comments:

Post a Comment