Tuesday, November 19, 2013

First attempt sweet potato pancakes



So during a recent trip to Florida I had my first introduction to sweet potato pancakes. 

I have been thinking about making them for a while but cooking is something that part of me is interested in but mostly it stresses me out. I much prefer to be cooked for then to be the one cooking. Unfortunately I haven't won the lottery so I can hire my own chef and housekeeper to clean up after. So it looks like I am on my own. 

After looking at a couple recipies I found a paleo recipe that was pretty simple. I pretty much took the idea and just threw some ingredients together on my own. I mixed it by hand as I can never seem to get the food processor to work. Who needs it when we can actually use our own strength anyway. 

I combined 1 large sweet potato, 3 eggs, 1 banana, some cinnamon, apple sauce and baking soda. Even though I have no idea what the baking soda was for other then thinking it had something to do with holding the ingredients together I just took that from another recipe thinking it had a purpose. 




So surprisingly enough it was successful!! I used olive oil instead of cocunut as I am too busy using all my cocunut oil as my skin moisturizer. It smelled like pancakes and even though it looked a little well done it didn't taste like it all all. Took a couple minutes and really a pretty healthy meal. Sweet potatoes have a lower glycemic index and will not spike your blood sugar as much. They also have many other health benefits. So if you are trying to lose weight and need some extra carbs for your workout sweet potatoes are a great option. Remember just because you are trying to lose weight  doesn't mean you starve yourself. Eating enough but making the right choices is going to be your key to success. 



No comments:

Post a Comment