Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Best Smoothie Ever!

Yesterday I started to think about how my smoothies were not turning out like the smoothies at a smoothie place. I decided to look up how to make a smoothie. 

I ran across this website:
http://eternallifestyles.com/perfect-smoothie-making-secret/

I am well known for just winging things and not really paying attention. Sometimes that turns out ok other times it means the consistency is lacking. 

This morning I tryed to pay a little more attention to what I put into my Ninja Bender. 

Started with my base which is the liquid of the smoothie. See I am using my smoothie vocabulary now. Today I used 1 cup coconut milk. 



Next I added my filler which thickens your smoothie, helps make you fuller and more fullfilled and can make it very creamy depending on the ingredients otherwise you would end up with a slushy. Today I added 1/2 avocado and some Greek yogurt. I didn't measure it but it may have been at least 1/2 cup.




Next I added the fruits and veggies. A few spinach leaves, 1/2 bananna and some applesauce maybe 1/2 cup or so. Last but not least I added about 7 ice cubs. Oh and not to forget I threw in some frozen dark cherries.




Finishing touch was one of the best smoothies I have made for myself. With a thumbs up! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment