Saturday, October 22, 2011

Our past shapes our future

"We would not be where we are today without where we have been"

There is not one second of my past I would take back. I wouldn't be the person I am today if it wasn't for the things I have been through. Me and my husband would not be where we are today if it wasn't for our journey together to change our lives. To find our place in this world and to prepare for our future. We have been through joy and hardships together. We have grown from each and every moment as individuals and a couple. This before and after picture was me from March 2009 to June 2009. This was really where the beginning of my life change began. This was when I finally realized what was possible. When I was overweight and miserable I had no idea how bad things really were until I found out how good things really could be.




This next picture is of my husband from November 2010 to February 2010. 






This transformation doesn't even begin to show the complete transformation. At this point in his life he had lost 100lbs. Can you imagine going through something like that? I have to say I really only had to loose about 50lbs to find my happy place and that in itself took so much hard work and dedication. I really congratulate the ones to have had to lose even more in their journey. The thing is though is it can be done. So many have transformed their life and you learn along the way this isn't just a physical transformation. It changes your body and your mind. There are psychological reasons why we end up overweight in the first place.


These next pictures are me and my husband Randy when we first moved to Seattle in July 2008. This was about 3 1/2 years ago. Our changes have not just been about weight loss but the weight loss has changed us. It is something we will never forget. If you look at us in these pictures we look like we are on the verge of having a heart attack. How would I of lived long enough to have kids and watch them grow? Would my kids then turned out to be overweight and miserable in their lives taking after me and my husband? What would life have been like if we had continued on the road we were on?

 I know most of my blog I talk about my journey to health and happiness. Even though me and my husband have been in this journey together we have had to find ourselves before we could find the true happiness together. If you are not happy you can't be happy with someone else.
So now looking at our transformation......what looks different? Do we look happier? Healthier? All of the above for sure. You can tell a difference in every part of us down to our skin and our smiles. Being healthy has a look to it. I can now look at someone and tell whether they are healthy or not. This is where I would like to say our journey to happiness has really begun. There are so many exciting things to come. And now I know for sure when I have kids I will raise them from the beginning to learn from my past. To develop healthy habits from the beginning of life. It doesn't mean they are not going to make mistakes of their own because we all do. But at least I am in a better position to show them they way and give them the life they deserve. Me and my husbands life will be better then ever as we continue on our road to health and happiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment