Saturday, December 14, 2013

Learning the hard way


"The world ain’t all sunshine and rainbows. It’s a very mean and nasty place and I don’t care how tough you are it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain’t about how hard ya hit. It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward."

- Rocky Balboa


Many times in life we have to learn the hard way. When you were a kid and your mom told you not to touch the hot stove cause it would hurt did you believe her or did you have to try to out for yourself to see if it was true. Seems like unnecessary pain doesn't it? But if you never tried it out you may always have this curiosity about it. Do you ever have a gut feeling about something but you ignore it and find out it was right? How often does that gut feeling lie? But ultimately in life there is no manual. It's a series of trials and errors. Love and heartbreak. Pain and happiness. 

This week I learned a pretty big lesson. I didn't listen to my body once again. I thought I could push through. I thought I was strong enough to keep going. But really it turns out strength would of been letting go. It's funny how we feel giving up for the moment and saying no, shows we are weak, when really giving up and letting go portrays true strength. 






No comments:

Post a Comment