Wednesday, December 4, 2013

One week post injections - Prolotherapy series 1


"Determine that the thing can and shall be done, and then we shall find the way." 

- Abraham Lincoln 



So I was told by my doctor that I could try to go for a walk a week after my injections in my back. Here we are one week later and I walk 1.2 miles. I even ventured out into the woods for the beginning of the walk which isn't surprising that I would start off the hardest way. Hills and uneven terrain had me thinking to myself here you go again getting too overzealous. But it was sure beautiful letting go of the fact that I was also turning into an ice cube. It was so worth it anyway.



But I walked very careful and slow and it all turned out ok. Of course I am a bit sore but no shooting pains which I consider a good sign. Slow but steady wins the race they say.

Today I started working on some laundry and doing a little more around the house. Now let's be real this girl is a clean freak and is getting very tired of not being able to clean the house well. But I also know that if I do too much I won't be much. Meaning I will never recover if I don't play the game right now. So I have been wearing my SI belt. I even started using this ridiculous move I was taught by a physical therapist called the golfers lift/squat. I remember when I was taught it I took it as a challenge of course. I showed him I could do a one legged squat without holding onto anything. Needless to say this is harder then is seems and I was never very good at one legged squats in the past. Previously I thought to myself I can't be caught picking things up like this in public. Am I really going to let my ego stop me from doing what I need to do. Maybe we should all be a little more ridiculous and vulnerable at times. But ultimately this move definitely seems to save your back in certain instances. Just make sure you don't kick anybody on your way down. ;)


http://health.howstuffworks.com/diseases-conditions/pain/back/how-to-prevent-back-pain8.htm

This whole process and recovery will be trial and error but hopefully my determination and conscious effort to continue moving forward toward better health will get me where I want to be.

Strong Body
Strong Mind

No comments:

Post a Comment