Sunday, December 1, 2013

Prolotherapy Series 1


"The wound is the place where the Light enters you."

-  Rumi




Last Wednesday November 27th I received my first series of injections for my prolotherapy treatments. Was definitely unsure of what to expect and I guess am still living in a world of unknown. Talk about feeling vulnerable. The unknown. It seems we always want to know what is going to happen. We want to know why, how, if and when. But the truth is this is not reality. I can say the injections definitely hurt but it's a hurt I can take. I don't think the saying no pain no gain applies to all situations but I do think it applies to some. Prolotherapy is supposed to stimulate an inflammatory response to create a natural healing process in the ligaments. It involved an injection of an irritate into the ligaments in my lower back and my si joint, iliolumbar ligaments, facets and surrounding attachments. I would say I must of had 15 or more injections all together. 


Now what happens...
Well I guess rest and at some point strengthing. It will take at least 4-6 weeks to go through the healing process and then on January 6th I get another series of injections. My treatment will include 3-6 series. So needless to say this will be a long recovery process. Am I going crazy right now trying to rest. You betcha! Why is it when you have all the time in the world nothing really sounds appealing. But sometimes you have to give a little now for what you want later. 




No comments:

Post a Comment