Monday, January 6, 2014

Prolotherapy 2nd series


"Although the world is full of suffering, it is also full of the overcoming of it." 

-  Helen Keller


Prolotherapy series 2:

I have to say it was definitely a lot more painful this time around. Of course we are never excited to go back to experiencing more pain and it definitely seems like an odd concept. But on the other hand makes since as well. Your basically re-injuring the body to trigger it to go through the healing process again and try to rebuild the ligaments holding everything together. 

After my first treatment I was definitely a little leery about wether I was doing the right thing or not, since I had started making some improvements on my own and then I got worse after the injections.  Of course anytime you re-injure something you can expect to get worse. But then toward the end I started feeling stronger. Bad days got less and less and I kinda feel like I was able to do more. Of course still experienced pain but a tolerable pain which may be all a person can ask for. It could be I will have some pain for the rest of my life but the goal is to become more functional and keep the pain from getting out of control. 

I am very hopeful and excited to see my progress and recovery this year. Next injection is on February 10th.


No comments:

Post a Comment