Sunday, January 12, 2014

Smarter not harder



“Healing takes courage, and we all have courage, even if we have to dig a little to find it.” 

-  Tori Amos



Slowly but surely I find myself being able to do more and more. I have devoted this year to living smarter not harder. Meaning less tearing my body up and more putting my body back together. More focus on being healthy and happy and less focus on being the best. Less work more play. Even though I have a lot of work to do this year I am going to focus more time on the little things. I have always wanted to see a field of wildflowers but spent too much time in the gym. Don't get me wrong I have no regrets but seeing as I accomplished so much in the gym it's time to get outside more. Travel and be with nature. Do things I want to do and seeing things I want to see. Life is too short to put things off. 



Today I went for my first hike since my back injury. Only one week after my second prolotherapy treatment and I am feeling fantastic. The pain I experience is so minor that it's not worth mentioning but important enough for me to not get too carried away and continue being very mindful about what I do and staying present with how I feel. As much as I am trying to hold myself back I am very excited to see such improvement. I am excited not to be in excruciating pain everyday. 



I feel this year shows a lot of promise! :)






No comments:

Post a Comment