Thursday, July 25, 2013

Seeing The Other Side

“The struggle you’re in today is developing the strength you need for tomorrow.”

~Robert Tew


So being a medical professional myself and experiencing being the patient I can see where our problem lies. There is no education or really even attempting to help people how to get better. When you go to a doctor it seems all they have to offer is a referral and prescription. Now don't get me wrong I am sure there are a very select few out there who are actually helpful. Trying to find them on the other hand seems to be a very challenging task.

For the last month I have been experiencing back pain. I have pulled my back out before but this instance it just feels different. Don't know what that means but I know I haven't been getting any better. It has been about 3 weeks since I lifted any weight or really worked out other then walking. It gets a little better then I go to the hospital to work and being me I pull something again. Its just how I am if something needs to get done if a patient needs something right then right now I am going to find a way to do it. That is my job. That is why I am a nurse. I can't really be trusted to pass the buck. Maybe that is something I need to learn how to do but its hard. I am very passionate about my job. I enjoy being good at something. Just like working out. I miss it more then I can say. It helps me relieve stress, feel good, and gain accomplishments.

But right now I guess I am trying to accomplish something completely different. In order to get better it seems you have to take matters into your own hands. Now taking short leave from work to focus on getting better was definitely one of the hardest things I have done. I am determined to find a way to come back healthy and pain free. This is my focus. This is my goal. The time is now.

Now for any of you out there who struggle with chronic pain. Don't give up. It would be so easy just to curl up in bed and fall into a state of depression. You have to keep moving. You have to keep faith that everything will workout and you will find a way to conquer or at least deal with the pain you experience day in and day out. There are things that can be done even if it is all in your mind learning how to deal with this pain. The more you focus on the pain the more it hurts. You have to have control over your thoughts. Your thoughts and your actions determine your life.

Finding the Way

No comments:

Post a Comment