Monday, July 29, 2013

Why bad things happen to good people

“Few things in the world are more powerful than a positive push - a smile. A word of optimism and hope, a 'you can do it!' when things are tough”

- Richard M Devos


Is it really why these things happen to good people or should we rephrase it by saying why bad things happen to strong people? When I think about it I am not really even sure which things to call bad and which things to be thankful for. I do believe whatever happens in our life has a purpose. Did my back start hurting me to punish me or did it start hurting to open my eyes to a whole another world out there? A world where people suffer everyday for the rest of there life in chronic pain. Come to find out back pain in one of the biggest complaints and problems people deal with on a day to day basis. It is a problem where most doctors or medical professionals are unsure of the cause but they are all very willing to give you a prescription which will bring you down a whole another road you will wish you had never gone down in the first place unless you are very strict on how much and how long you take them. Ok so now I am probably starting to ramble. 

Last night I was really starting to see how hard it gets when you can't do things and are struggling with constant pain. You basically start to fall into a state of depression. Yes even me who promotes how strong the mind is struggle. Just because the mind is so very powerful doesn't mean it's easy to tap into its powers. Can the mind take you into a whole another world where you don't feel the pain anymore? Yes it can and yes without using drugs. But in order to become so in tune with your mind and body like this you have to practice. And when you are falling into a deep state of depression do you have any desire to do anything anymore? No not really which means its very easy to come up with an excuse. 

Tonight I went to a group acupuncture and guided meditation class. Sometimes when you are struggling to do something alone you need to find support from others. Today I have found some relief. Doesn't mean it's gone but it means its better enough that it gives me hope. Hope and belief that things will work out is what keeps you moving forward. 

No comments:

Post a Comment