Monday, August 5, 2013

Indestructible


Have you ever thought your body was indestructible? Have you ever had people tell you it will catch up to you and you thought that was impossible?

The best or worst part is when that comes back to bite you in the butt, for lack of better terms. I always wanted to go against the odds and do the things nobody else would or could do. Smart...well probably not but when your ego is in the way do we always play it smart and do what's going to be most beneficial to us in the long run? Not usually. 

I guess we pay for it in the end or to put it in a better way its a learning experience. Life is all about falling down and getting back up. Now sure I could think of it as I failed or I can think about the fact that I did some great and incredible things. I had some great experiences and memories. Even though its something you want to last forever but let's face it, nothing is forever. 

So maybe instead of looking at what I can't do now. Maybe I should focus on what I did do. I dead lifted 364lbs! Heck yeah. How many girls can say that? That is over twice my body weight!!



I lost over 60lbs and dropped from a size 16 to a 4!!


Talk about beating the odds. That was me! 

I competed in the crossfit regionals and placed in the top 20!


I got 4kg away from qualifying for the American open in Olympic weightlifting and competing against some of the best.


I learned how to do a handstand push-up!


I ran a half marathon!



I became the person I never thought I would be or could be! And with all that I don't have a thing to be discouraged about. 


I found myself. And that makes me happy. For so long I was lost. But never again. I have so many more things to do and to look forward to. Things waiting to be achieved. So what if I never compete in another Olympic weightlifting competition. So what if I don't run a marathon. I may just have to walk it ;)

More amazing things are just around the corner. All my experiences, trials and errors have made me who I am today. I will never give up on this thing called life and I will never stop moving forward no matter what obstacle I encounter. I will however listen to my body. There comes a time when it needs a little tlc. A time when maybe you can't continue to be so hard on it. Being smart is different from giving up. It's taking a different path.

Don't wait to take the first step in your life!



No comments:

Post a Comment