Saturday, August 3, 2013

I am going to have a baby

The purpose of life is to live it, to taste experience to the utmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer experience."

- Eleanor Roosevelt

I know there must be some of you that saw this and said what!!! It's not a very nice trick but then yet again maybe it is. I am not pregnant yet but am planning on it soon. Maybe I even set a date. ;)

First of all I have waited this long to make sure I am as ready as I can be and yes I know you are never really ready but you can be ready. Hmmm...some of you may understand what I am saying. Everything has worked out the way it should. A couple years back I wouldn't of considered myself healthy enough physically or mentally to handle having a child. For some reason I knew I wanted to wait. I couldn't of told you what for but I just knew. 

I have felt myself working my way up to the point of feeling ready. And today I know deep inside that I am as ready as I will ever be and the time is right. I have given it a go trying to be a big time weightlifter, cross fitter, and just trying to be the best out there. Well I may not have ended up being the best but I certainly have been the best I can be. Now I am not giving up. I know it could be possible for me to continue to get better and as I will but my goals have now changed. My work, my life and my body just need me to relax and focus on the next chapter of my life. Being healthy, fit and focusing my attention on giving someone else the best possible life. Teaching them what I have learned and guiding them through their trials and errors, joys and struggles. I am ready for everything to not be about me. 

Now why wouldn't I just run out and have a baby right this second. Well because I figured I have waited this long for things to be right. Why not make them as right as I can be by taking a few months to plan, learn and prepare for what's ahead. And yes from what I have read already there are many things you can do at least 3 months ahead of time to give yourself the best chance of having the healthiest baby possible. This will give me the opportunity to first of all to get the full experience. Second to get all my ducks in a row. And third to just get as mentally and physically prepared the best I can. Right now I am focusing on healing my back and then I will be focusing on starting the next chapter in my life. It is very exciting yet scary all at the same time.



1 comment:

  1. Kim,

    I have a lot of the same feelings on having kids as you. I am happy for you that you are starting to feel ready and yet still taking time to be more prepared! I'm excited for you and your journey!

    ReplyDelete