Sunday, September 22, 2013

Mantra to Move through Difficult Situations




I copied this from a website. We have been singing this mantra in yoga class and I feel such a connection with it. Not everything I try practicing moves me but singing this moves my soul and makes me feel incredible. Considering I have had my own tough times lately I decided to share it. Take what moves you and find strength from it and let it help you move forward in your journey.

"Here is a magnificent mantra that has helped so many people, so many times let go of fear, attachment and pain while the situation seems to ease out magically, and the future becomes smoother!

It was written by Guru Gobind Singh, the 10th Sikh Guru in his amazing poem, Jap Sahib!

It works best if you recite this over and over again--day and night, out loud or in your mind, especially when you are in the grips of some emotional or other kind of crisis. Don't let the difficulty take you over.  That takes some will power!  Instead hang on so very tightly to the mantra.  Make it drown out the insecurity, fear, sadness, etc. in your mind.  Then things within you change miraculously, but oh, so very naturally and softly"





Watch this video and sing along. See how it makes you feel. It can't hurt. :)

 

Here is the translation:


Gobinday, Mukanday
Udaaray, Apaaray
 
Hariang, Kariang
Nirnamay, Akamay

 
 
Sustainer, Liberator,
Enlightener, Infinite
 
Destroyer, Creator,
Nameless, Desireless.


No comments:

Post a Comment