Saturday, September 21, 2013

Next Year An Exciting Year


"Fix your eyes forward on what you can do, not back on what you cannot change."

-  Tom Clancy


As sad and angry as I have been this week trying to cope with the fact that I just can't work full time anymore at my current job with my back. I am also very excited at the same time for the opportunities coming my way this next year.

After a month off of work I had made incredible progress with my back. Unfortunately when I tried to go back to working full time I found out which I expected my back wasn't ready.  I continued thinking if I just pushed through. Maybe tried a little harder I could keep going. I have no more sick time at work and have finally decided to use my head and play it smart. I don't want to be one of those people that comes home after work and has to take a bunch of pills and go to bed to cope with the pain from working an 8 hour shift. We need money to survive but money is not everything. I have adjusted my life for the amount of money I make I can for sure adjust it for less money.

Next year I will be in charge of a council at work and excited for all the upcoming changes and opportunities to help make things better for healthcare workers and patients. I have decided to go back to school starting next year I hope to be in the Bachelor of Nursing Program and the University of Washington in Tacoma. After that I have hopes to go on for my Masters in Nursing Leadership at PLU. I have wanted to go back to school and considering my condition it is a perfect opportunity. Of course in a couple years worked into these plans I will want to have a baby but that can come when I am a little healthier and can handle carrying one. It is sad that I have to postpone that quite a bit but I can't worry about things that are beyond my control.

Ever since changing my own life and finding my passion again in my career I have wanted to help other healthcare workers change their own lives. This is my chance. Just because I can't work out at this time and achieve doesn't mean I can't come up with another goal. Goals are what keep you moving forward.

What is your goal?




No comments:

Post a Comment