Thursday, August 25, 2011

1 day until competition....

"The one thing over which you have absolute control is your own thoughts. It is this that puts you in a position to control your own destiny" 
- Paul G. Thomas

So today I am feeling fantastic. Actually been feeling fantastic almost everyday which I am sure my perfect eating for 3 weeks plays a part in. I am sure my eating plays a part in my mental strength I am experiencing right now. Don't under estimate how proper eating can change your life!

Weight:150lbs
Food Today:
5:30am
Breakfast:  4 eggs fried (sprayed pan with pam), 1 piece wheat toast, mixed fruit, 1 cup coffee w/cream & sugar
9:00am
Snack: greek yogurt (higher protein) w/ blueberries, small cup oatmeal w/sprinkle brown sugar and cream
finished 1 liter water
11:45am
Lunch: 1/2 pork chop, whole wheat pasta w/ marinara (maybe 1/2 cup), mixed fiesta veggies (had some beans in it), 1/4 avacado, 1 tbsp smart butter. 12oz coconut water, 1/2 liter water
2:45pm
Snack: 2 whole wheat crackers w/ little almond butter, couple strawberries and grapes, 12 oz coconut water, finished 1 liter water. 1 cup decaf coffee w/ cream & sugar (had around 2pm)
4:00pm
Pre competition workout (12oz coconut water after workout)
7:30pm
Dinner: Large salad from marlene's salad bar w/ turkey, 1 egg and all the veggies, ginger honey dressing, 17.5oz coconut water.

Now believe it or not I remembered all this. I don't need a food journal anymore. I know exactly what I put in my mouth and when. I could make improvements in what I ate such as more veggies. Salad for dinner makes up for it a bit but I am always trying to tweak my diet to continue to make it better. My plan is to stick with this even after competition because why would I want to change anything and feel bad. If I feel great now I might as well keep it that way.

Tomorrow after work I pick up my mom from the airport. Very excited. I will be off until next Thursday. I have been working really hard so this will be a very nice break and I am very close to my mom. Since I moved all the way across the country from Florida to Washington we don't get to see each other much but we do talk on the phone everyday. Family is so important. Friends always come and go but my family is always there for me no matter what. That includes my husband who has been putting up with me for many years....yes I am not the easiest to live with but we all have our moments good and bad.

On my way home today I knew exactly what I wanted to say but guess what, once I sat down it seems my brain shut off....weird! Ha ha.... not really but anyway I will just start over. I am not worried at all about my competition. I am truly excited, primed, and ready. Sure I still have improvements to make on my lifts but I have been doing really great lately and making a lot of progress. I know all I have to do is go out there and give it everything I got! Be the best I can be! Just let the flow take over.....now I can't make flow happen I just have to let it happen naturally but when it does you feel like you are on top of the world. As stated by an olympic athlete in the book I love so much is "For my best performances, I empty my mind and I feel as though it isn't me performing, but at the same time I feel totally connected with the feelings in my body. Its as if my subconscious is doing the performance. I imagine the perfect movement in my head and the rest follows automatically." This came from the book In Pursuit of Excellence by Terry Orlick, PhD It is about how to win in sport and life through mental training. Second Edition.  I have bought lots of books but this one is by far the best I have come across and will help you with all aspects of your life. Just remember to be all you can be and follow your dreams! It's your life so make sure you live it to the fullest!

"Where the mind goes, everything follows." 
- Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment