Sunday, August 7, 2011

Inspiration

I have really gotten into quotes lately. For someone like me who likes to think negative a lot, saying a positive quote really helps override those thoughts. That is the way to make a permanent change in your life is by repetition. If you think something positive you can't think something negative at the same time. So if I start to get down on myself on a day where I am struggling with my workout I have to start telling myself I can do it. Keep repeating successful words to myself. This can help someone with daily life situations also.

A great quote is from the movie Rocky Balboa when Rocky is talking to his son and says,
"Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done! Now if you know what you're worth then go out and get what you're worth. But ya gotta be willing to take the hits, and not pointing fingers saying you ain't where you wanna be because of him, or her, or anybody! Cowards do that and that ain't you! You're better than that! I'm always gonna love you no matter what. No matter what happens. You're my son and you're my blood. You're the best thing in my life. But until you start believing in yourself, ya ain't gonna have a life."

I am a big movie fan. I have to say the Rocky movies are very inspirational. There are so many others out there. We all need to remember that we are the ones that give our life its direction. Remember to dream and life everyday to the fullest. Enjoy every moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment