Sunday, August 28, 2011

Exploring Washington Day #1

So here it is I figured everybody else has a picture of themselves doing a handstand somewhere so I decided to join the club.  Not bad if I say so myself. Today was supposed to be a trip to the san juan islands but I didn't seem to know what I was looking for when I was researching ferry rides last night. I found a ferry going from seattle but it only had one ride in the morning to the island and one ride back. So today ended up being a drive to Mt. St. Helens and the ocean day. It was a very clear day and perfect for viewing the mountain. Very interesting history about the volcanic eruption. I found out today that anacortes, WA is actually where people leaver to go to the islands. When I was looking at the ferry schedule I had no idea where or what anacortes was. Lesson to be learned. Tomorrow will still be a day for Mt. Rainer. Definitely need to find my field of wild flowers I have been dreaming of.

Not feeling upset about what happened at the competition anymore. Things happen as they are meant to happen. I have also thought about whether I really just want to barely qualify and go to a big competition without even being ready or weather I want to go there ready to make an impression. I think I would rather have people say "hey, where did this girl come from? she is awesome".  When I go I want to go with confidence. That is one thing I remember when I used to compete in tae kwon do. I was very confident and had a great time. I had a great experience being able to go to the Jr. Olympics and compete at the Disney world wide of sports. Now how I got to the point where I put so much pressure on myself I don't know but as you get older the pressure and responsibility increases tremendously. Nursing school was very very hard for me. When it comes to academics I feel like I have to work harder then a lot of people. It takes a lot of repetition to get things to stick. Not sure why that is. When I was a kid I had a lot of seizures. I partially think that affected my memory a bit. But when I set my mind to doing something I make sure I do it. Things didn't get easier once I graduated. Then I realized I had people's lives in my hand everyday. If I did once thing wrong someone could die. If that doesn't put pressure on someone I don't know what will.

I can only imagine that I am all over the place with this post. After such a long day riding in the car I am pretty exhausted. Wanted to write a little something before I drift off into a dream state and enjoy another great day with my family tomorrow. My husband came up with a quote for me today. He said "the only way to make sure you never fall on your face is to make sure you are always sitting on your butt". I guess that is very true. If you never get up and try anything nothing should ever go wrong.


No comments:

Post a Comment