Monday, August 22, 2011

Eating Healthy

At this point in my life I think of what food is healthy and what is not as common since. I have been starting to think that is either false or people are in so much denial that the common sense can't come through. Since I changed my life to doing everything possible to live as healthy as I can. I pay very close attention to what I put in my mouth everyday and what others choose to put in theirs. I have gone through many diet plans. Now I don't consider anything a diet I just think of how each thing I put in my mouth will benefit me or not benefit me. It's a way of life and a choice. How will this food make me feel. If it doesn't make me feel good why am I eating it?  I do remember when I was very unhealthy and unhappy I felt so bad everyday for so long I didn't even realize I felt bad anymore. Now that I know what feeling great is like I will never go back.

For over 2 weeks I have been absolutely perfect with my eating. No junk food and no alcohol.  Just enough complex carbs to support my workouts and energy and a little dairy. I focus on good quality food like organic as often as I can. Meats with no hormones and all natural. Most of the time eating leaner meats. Mostly chicken, turkey and fish. On occasion I will eat red meats. I make sure to have some healthy fats in my diet such as nuts, avocado and olive oil. I focus on well balanced meals so having protein, carbs, and fat with each meal so they all balance each other out. The one thing I have struggled with is my new naturopath wanted me to cut out coffee. Well I have cut down to one cup of coffee in the morning. A lot better then the two to four cups I was having in a day. I have tried not having any but seem to really struggle with energy throughout the day. I have heard coffee has some health benefits and maybe one day I will be able to wipe it out completely but that will take time.

Do you put much thought into what you eat and if not why?




No comments:

Post a Comment